Move 3: Red Team
Illustrations by Peter Durand, Alphachimp Studio, Inc.
Move Brief - Objective
- Prevent Blue from intruding military in our region, and from intimidating our neighbors.
- Continue to compete aggressively with Blue in new economic sectors as well as the ones already conquered.
- Increasing our military and economic dominance of our region.
Move Brief - Actions
- Invest in short-range, defensive air superiority UCAVs and weapon technology, building on our Move 2 investment in airplane engines, general aviation aircraft and IT development.
- Continue our semiconductor advancements into an advanced multifunction RF component technology, for counterstealth air surveillance and targeting. (Combined cost: $3 bn.)
- Offer these technologies for sale to other countries as they’re developed.
- Offer regional countries a free-trade zone and hold regional summits to discuss security assistance and economic cooperation.
- Increase sophistication and subtlety of our cyber-attacks, and take measures to increase confusion about their sources. Offer Blue assistance in defending against attacks.
- Institute restrictions on travel to Orange, to be lifted when (a) a free-trade zone is agreed and (b) Orange no longer operates unilaterally with Blue.
- Commercially exploit biotech R&D, and enter Blue’s market with products from this field, announcing major medical & agricultural breakthroughs.
Move Brief – Expected Response
- Consternation on the part of Blue.
- Orange will probably ask Blue for more economic and military help. Blue won’t give enough to offset our pressure. Orange should eventually agree to exclude Blue.
- Blue could start investing in other regional countries to take production away from Red. If so, Red should be prepared to outsource aggressively to those countries.
<< MOVE 3 BLUE | MOVE 4 BLUE >>